beemind.me extra integrations

Yes, It is provided. Maybe I’ll add that feature in the future.

3 Likes

As @maxcaesar said, that addon is provided in Anki. However, I does not work for more than some users.

Also, I think anki is a more powerful and versatile service than quizzlet.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering if you had any updates on this? Thanks!

I couldn’t find a way to connect to anki with my app. Anki maintainer need to provide a public API so beemind.me could to get the stats. Maybe it’s worth contacting them about it.

2 Likes

Gauging by how muflax wrote the Anki Beeminder plugin, it’d likely be the other way around. Someone could write an Anki plugin to push data into your app, rather than you fetching it. Or they could build an API. :smile:

2 Likes

A plugin for anki might as well send data directly to beeminder. Anki must already have a web API in place to support the various clients. It seem like it is intentionally private so It’s not a good idea to use it.

3 Likes

Thanks. And do you have any updates on the bedtime integration?

No updates so far. I’m hoping to get to it soon.

I noticed some users of the pocket integration received errors from the app.
This is due to pocket server being down.
You can follow the updates on pocket twitter feed.

2 Likes

WAT?! You mean that L^1 metric is more intuitive than L^2? What kind of alien geometry world do you live in?

:wink:

1 Like

I’d LOOVE an instapaper integration, in case you ever had some spare time! At the moment I have a very unwieldy workaround solution that isn’t very satisfactory, especially when it comes to reading lots of articles offline on a mobile device, then syncing up, only to find that BM only picks up a few of the dozens I’ve just read.

1 Like

have you tried instapaper-minding via IFTTT?

1 Like

My problem is that I often read a lot on Instapaper offline, perhaps 100-200 items at a time before going online. Then when I sync up, Instapaper will note that articles have been read, but there tends to be a maximum number (fifty, I think, last time I checked) that it’ll alert IFTTT to, so I’ll only get a -50 showing up in BM whereas the number should have been much higher. I’ll have to try that again, I guess…

1 Like

ah that makes sense. on the beeminder end there’s a limit of 150 datapoints added/day, instapaper could easily have the same problem. good to know!

2 Likes

So it seems I should push for Instapaper to code an IFTTT trigger to post the overall number of articles outstanding in my queue?

2 Likes

Or you could push Instapaper to code an integration to Beeminder… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wrote to Instapaper. Reply:

“Thanks for getting in touch and bringing that conversation to my attention, much appreciated! I do think there’s something inherently interesting to adding reminders for Instapaper articles, and it’s something that we’ve considered adding directly to Instapaper. However, I think it’s unlikely that we’d go through a lot of effort to integrate with Beeminder. It’s not that we don’t care, it’s just that we’re a very small team, and I think our focus is more better suited in other areas (new feature development, improving core features, etc).”

So basically, it’s unlikely to happen on their side any time soon…

I wonder, too, what incentive they have to encourage people to finish their Instapaper queues…

2 Likes

i wonder if there’s a relationship between likelihood of abandoning instapaper and queue size or queue-to-read ratio. not that i would ever overload a to-do list on day four and give up on it.* i’m sure they already know it, but it’d be interesting to read about!

*i have done that literally every time i started a to-do list. it happened last month

5 Likes

Hi All,
I never tried instapaper as pocket works really well for me. Is it better than pocket?
Since I starting this project my trello todo list shrunk substantially and now I’m experimenting with exponential weights on cards ages like @philip suggested. There is also couple of more metrics beemind.me can collect from pocket such as total word count and total word ages in days.
I also made some changed to the UI that might make it easier to use.
Let me know how it works for you.

1 Like

I’ve been using the trello neglect metric for about a week now – https://www.beeminder.com/b/goals/trello

I noticed today that the integration is sending over data hourly, and the count seems to be growing throughout the day. I find that surprising. I did add two new cards today, but the count has creeped upward from 1024 to 1040 over the the course of the day – perhaps it’s counting days from the absolute time the card was last updated, as opposed to the day? It would probably be nice though if that number mostly didn’t increase at random times throughout the day, by rounding all the edit timestamps to midnight…

But it’s got me plucking out some of the oldest cards to get them cleared out! So it’s definitely helping me work on the neglect problem. I’m thinking of implementing the same for my email…

1 Like