Beeminding Gratitude - What are your tips?

I’ve been Beeminding gratitude for about a month now, and it’s going pretty well so far. Every day, I just type in one thing I’m grateful for. I know that might not sound like a lot, but I’ve kept it going every day for 33 days straight. Already, I think it’s helping me to be more positive, because I look for things to be grateful for throughout the day that I could add to Beeminder.

While I’ve been seeing results with my current goal, I’m interested in exploring if there are ways I could be making it more effective. I started the goal without putting much thought into it, simply because I wanted to get started right away, and not put it off for two months so I could do research and make sure I’m doing this the “right” way.

Other users who Beemind gratitude, I want to hear from you! How often do you write down what you’re grateful for? How many things do you write down every day? What’s worked for you and what hasn’t? Is it enough to just write down what you’re grateful for, or should I also be explaining why?

4 Likes

I skimmed the Wikipedia article on gratitude journals, and have 3
questions: something I’m grateful from for the past, something I’m grateful
for now, and something I’m looking forward to.

I do it weekly, and I think I’ve had the Beeminder for a few weeks now. I
use a Google form to enforce minimum lengths, I think 140 characters each,
and use IFTTT to add a beeminder data point when the form is submitted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

I’ll add, I like it, but I don’t think my setup is the best or even great,
just adding my two cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to do my gratitude journalling via Facebook status (normally tagging the person or thing that I was grateful for) and adding #gratitude to the end of the post. IFTTT would then watch for #gratitude posts and update my Beeminder goal accordingly.

2 Likes

I haven’t done this for a long time but my thoughts are in the intro to this Beeminder blog post: https://blog.beeminder.com/gratitude/

I’m not beeminding gratitude, but I use TagTime with an average gap of 2.5 hours for mood/feelings tracking and every time I’m finished putting down my feelings I take a moment to reflect on something I’m grateful for, without writing it down.

2 Likes

Hey, could you perhaps share your IFTT recipe for that?

Sure!

I hooked up Gmail and Beeminder.

If “new email in inbox from search” and the search is “Your form, Gratitude Journal, has new responses.”

then add datapoint 1 to goal gratitude_journal

2 Likes