Coursera integration

Has anyone looked into this? I took a brief look at the Coursera API, but it doesn’t seem to support getting a student’s progress. On the other hand, I have no experience with that sort of programming, so I could (hopefully) be wrong.

2 Likes

I use a timer to track my work on these kind of courses.

Didn’t think of looking for an API. But also, each course I’ve done so far has had a different structure, different number and length of video, different style of quiz/assignment, etc. So I’m not sure what metric would be most useful to beemind.

A complete aside: I’ve discovered that Coursera, edX, et al, also have courses in languages other than English. Usually complete with a transcript so that you can listen and read in unison.

I’ve been doing courses in French, which means that even if the subject material seems a bit basic, I’m still learning something useful. Highly recommend doubling-up: consume news or fiction or mooc in your target language.

1 Like

I’d beemind finishing videos or homework. Most aren’t too long since
they’re usually split up a fair bit.

You can Beemind the amount of hours you spent via RescueTime (http://bit.ly/1ERrSK8). RescueTime already has a “Reference & Learning” category, but you can assign Coursera, any other site and any app you want under a “E-Learning” custom subcategory and then connect that with Beeminder.
I used this to track time spent on an academic paper as well as on specific development projects.

5 Likes

I do that already, but an API would allow me to work on my iPad since
rescuetime can’t track that.

2 Likes

In case you also have an android device, there is RescueTime for Android…

1 Like