Duplicates from Apple Health steps

I just looked at my dashboard and realized that I had 64 days of buffer on my steps goal (which is fed by auto-data from Apple Health). I looked closer, and found that the Beeminder iOS app has apparently been duplicating data points in a frenzy. Is there any other configuration or device info I can provide to help sort out why this is happening?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report - this is unfortunately still happening for some people! (Though yours is definitely the most zealous of the duplications Iā€™ve seen). Iā€™m working on debugging it now and will hopefully have an update out soon.

2 Likes

In the meantime Iā€™m writing a script to de-dupe goals that are seeing this. It shouldnā€™t derail this goal (or anyone elseā€™s) but if it does, just let us know here or in an email to support and weā€™ll obviously cancel the charge.

3 Likes

Was just going to post about this. This is happening to me as well, so will set a watch on this thread for hopefully a solution soon. I sometimes go on auto pilot with my steps goal and it can be a shock when I go in and see I have had days of duplicate data that I am scared to delete for fear of derailing.

1 Like

@apb Was just checking if there is any update to the health syncing. It appears my app has gone from a ton of duplicates to now not syncing at all for the past several days. Any updates on any fixes coming down the line?

1 Like

While weā€™re waiting for @apb, can you try logging out and back in to see if that jump-starts it?

@dreev Thanks for the quick reply. I did get it to sync, unfortunately logging out and back in did not seem to work. I had to completely uninstall the app and reinstall. It does work for now, will continue to monitor.

1 Like

My Apple Health steps are getting duplicated again. Is the de-duping script something thatā€™s running on an ongoing basis?

1 Like

Itā€™s not running on an ongoing basis; I was hoping it wouldnā€™t need to be, but the fix has been taking longer than I thought. I can run it for your steps goal now though!

1 Like

Hi, @apb, just wanted to check up on this again. I am still consistently having issues with duplicated entries, and then instances where health syncing just stops. The only way I have been able to remedy it when it stops syncing is to click the ā€œreset dataā€ button on in the app, however, this creates even more duplicates. Any update on a potential fix would be greatly appreciated. Syncing from the health app would be so much more convenient and weasel proof.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having a similar problem. In the meantime, Iā€™ve set my daily aggregation method to ā€˜maxā€™, as the data is correct, just duplicated.

3 Likes

@apb I am having this duplication issue. I just set up a MIndful Minutes goal last night and am getting some weird duplication. Not only are there duplicate entries, there seems to be a doubled up entry. I now have 9 days of buffer. Is there a fix for this yet?

1 Like

Thanks for the report - mindful minutes has a separate known issue that Iā€™m working on fixing. Sorry about that! Itā€™s prioritized for the next version of the app.

2 Likes

Awesome. I think Beeminding Mindful Minutes is so much better than 'minding session starts because it incentivizes one to do those one minute ā€œbreatheā€ sessions (via Apple Watch) throughout the day, but doesnā€™t allow that session to count as much as a 20 minute session would. Iā€™m really excited for yā€™all to get the Apple Health integration sorted outā€¦ I think that integration has some really awesome potential for improving lives!

3 Likes