Goal change / derail interaction

If you derail shortly before a scheduled goal change, such that the goal change ends up falling during your grace period, then when the change happens it can cut the grace period short. See here: https://www.beeminder.com/leahvelleman/aftercare, where I’m on an eep day only four days after recommitting because the line started moving early.

1 Like

Ah, thanks so much for reporting this! (Bug reports like this earn you stickers – DM me your snailmail address if you want them!) And can you reply to the legit check (or email support@beeminder.com directly) and reference this forum thread so we can manually deal with that in the meantime?

Well, I haven’t incurred a legit check (yet) because I logged some progress when I hit eep day yesterday. Is there a way to fix it before I derail, or should I derail today on purpose so we have a way of fixing it?

1 Like

I was thinking just do your best but if you do derail, call not-legit on it based on this. But now it occurs to me that that may be a highly unsatisfactory answer if, for example, you’d end up skating the edge for a while before inevitably derailing and it would just add a bunch of unnecessary – and entirely unfair – stress. In that case, just send a fresh email to support@beeminder.com pointing to this thread and we’ll sort it out there. Sorry for the hassle and thanks again for reporting this!

PS: I’m a fan of your work! Super honored to have you beeminding!

PPS: I might’ve had you partially confused with a mathematician named Velleman, but either way, your work is awesome too.

PPPS: Your self-referential bug cracked me up.

The mathematician you like is my uncle. :slight_smile: Anyway, thanks for the help!

1 Like