Help with setting up a Goal which limits my time wastage while watching YouTube Videos

Hey all !

I have been working on being more productive, at the moment i am trying to limit my time wastage on Youtube by putting in a count for the number of videos i watch on YouTube.

My goal is to gradually limit the time wastage. At the moment I allow myself to watch only three entertaining videos on YouTube a day. I wanted to start a beeminder goal where i can watch a max of three videos per day, if i watch the fourth i should get penalized for it. However, on days i do not watch YouTube I should be able to roll over the unused videos for some other day, where I may want to watch more than three videos.

I am finding it difficult to set up a goal with with the above mentioned conditions. I what appreciate if someone good could me in setting up this goal or tell me how should I go about.

If you have an Infinibee (or higher) subscription, you can use a do-less goal for this. Set the limit to 3 videos per day. If you watch less than 3 videos, those will roll over unless you retro-ratchet it.

If you don’t have a subscription, you can try using a do-more goal. (Link to another discussion about how to do this). I think philip’s example might actually be for 5 episodes per day, not 5 episodes per week?

Thanks @electriclouds.

Your idea was immensly helpful, but I did go ahead and give my goal a better sting by limiting all my unproductive time across all my gadgets by linking it with rescue time.

Thanks a ton for the idea and the help.