TagTime iPhone

I see there has been previous chatter about working on an iPhone implementation. Everything looks dead, so I am joining in by starting my own attempt. The current state of play has:

• Prompts using notification centre according to the official ping schedule.
  • Notifications go through to the watch.
  • An application badge shows the number of missed pings.
  • The main view lists the history of pings, and the pings needing tagging
  • There is a VERY rough input method for adding tags

There is a lot on the development backlog, but I will, at some point, need testers. Let me know if you are interested. At a high level, there will be…

• Beeminder integration
  • Charts

More importantly, I will need a name for it. TagTime is probably not allowable - suggestions welcome.

Cheers

David

4 Likes

Ooh, wonderful! And I’d say the first iOS implementation can totally take the name TagTime if you want…

I don’t have an iPhone myself but I know tons of people who will be very excited about this. @mary is the first to come to mind. @apb would probably use it too.

2 Likes

“iTagTime”? (Although Apple probably won’t like that.)

1 Like

OK, TagTime it is… I am now happy with the method of saving tags for a specific pingtime, and next weekend will do a bit of tidying up at which point I will be submitting a request to Apple to start early testing with TestFlight.

2 Likes

I’d be keen when you’re looking for beta testers.

1 Like

TagTime for iPhone alpha-1 is with Apple for TestFlight release. To be part of the trial, please message me with your Apple ID, and I’ll add you.

1 Like

CALL FOR TESTERS - please message me to get added to the TestFlight test distribution channel…

We are now up to alpha-4 for TagTime for iOS…

• Seems most stability issues are addressed
  • Has a feature rich tag picker
    • Remembers previous tags for quick selection sorted by frequency of use
    • Allows quick entry of previous pings tags
    • Filters tag list by letters already entered
  • Implements the universal TagTime algorithm
  • Notifications when app not running
  • Exports in format compatible with the desktop TagTime

I have quite a backlog, with charting the next cab off the rank…

Testers will have a voice as to where I go next - iPad? Apple Watch? Categorisation of tags? Syncing between devices?

Please get in touch.

1 Like

You might like to also post to the google groups list:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tagtime/jKK0SbSCmME

1 Like

Unable to send you a personal message, but I’m defo interested in testing it out; email is krishaandc26@gmail.com :slight_smile:

Hi, I sent you an email requesting your AppleID… Just checking that you received it. Cheers, David

Also unable to message you, but my Apple ID is eskrav@gmail.com

1 Like

I’ve added you to the TestFlight invite. I would love to know what’s the problem with messaging, since I’ve received messages from some others.

1 Like

By default, the forum software doesn’t let users send messages until they’ve had a certain amount of activity and posts.

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you very much for developing the app! Are there any news on its development since September?

If you need more testers, I am happy to participate!

My Apple ID: lookitsi@gmail.com

@dpangier I’m game for testing as well, if this is still a thing. Is it?

Still anything going on here?

1 Like

Equally interested, and open for testing. If there are still plans for this

1 Like

After one of the iOS updates, it’s possible now to use TagTime Web on iPhone, install it as a shortcut from Safari, and activate notifications. It will ping just fine.

2 Likes