Use Complice to Beemind Arbitrary Tasks

You can add one more integratoin with the same goal. Make it look for text like “I actually did a pomo on this goal”.

Then, any time you’ve done a pomo but forgot to track it you can just add new intention with the same text and immediately check it as done.

However, doing this is waay easier than actually doing a pomodoro, so eventually you might find yourself just checking off that pomodoro with some plausibly-looking justification (“Well, I’ve done X and that more or less qualifies”), and then maybe not so plausibly-looking one and then just because you’ve used this workaround dozen times already.

To prevent this, I’d recommend:

• Using some sort of gibberish in the text. If you can’t remember that gibberish, it would be easier to input the pomo correctly than to dig up the code from the settings page
  • Adding one more integration for do-less “times I forgot to input pomo data the right way”. This way you can forget to input the pomo data from time to time but you can’t get used to this workaround.

Also, make sure to refresh goal data after you add pomo to a task - sometimes data doesn’t go through but I can’t reliably reproduce that

2 Likes