What kind (if any) referral program for Beeminder would you take advantage of?

super excited & the right step to scale growth for a saas company :slight_smile:

I tried to find an affiliate links in the footer, but it didnā€™t exist.

I vote for an invite only, affiliate program with revenue sharing model. e.g. you get 50% of the first year of the users payments to beeminder if they become premium members. (the more you pay the faster beeminder spreads imho)

1 Like

A potential beeminder referral program makes me feel indifferent ā€” I donā€™t expect programs like this to pay me out frequently enough to make them worthwhile.

That said, Iā€™d vote for Option 1 or 3. $5 cash seems too low to be motivating.

2 Likes

Everyone Iā€™ve talked to about Beeminder thought I was crazy.

ā€œTake it easyā€, ā€œDonā€™t be so hard on yourselfā€, ā€œRelaxā€, ā€œListen to your gutā€, ā€œThat sounds like an evil corporate thing to doā€.

The only person I convinced to try Beeminder had trouble finding good metrics.

About the only good thing that came from it is that I know whose advice not to take.

3 Likes

Sounds like you expressed what beeminder is to people that already view you as an very high achiever (if that makes senseā€¦) :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dreev ā€˜whereā€™s my money?ā€™ could be one of the emails Iā€™m sending you because I referred 200 new infinibees in a year.

What would that bring me in $ ? (lets be honest, this is what most of us users are interested in if this would ever start)

I agree, but I donā€™t think this applies to option 1 - the fact that someone wants option 1 means that they truly see beeminder as valuable.

1 Like

Incentives for API integrations would make a difference to me. Working on Beescheduler[1] (Coming Soonā„¢) would be easier to justify if I got paid for it. And Iā€™d have a reason to respond to users other than altruism.

[1]: Schedule goals with different rates every based the day of the week. E.g: write 500 words Monday - Wednesday and not have Beeminder bother you the rest of the week.

7 Likes

I would also be interested in this. While it might be orthogonal to a referral program, an integration bounty program would be awesome! Especially if we could make third-party integrations easy to promote to first-party.

3 Likes

Any progress? Can we vote? Do you have the affiliate link somewhere already ā€œworkingā€ as discussed in amsterdam ?

2 Likes

We do! PM me and Iā€™ll make you a custom link you can start using and from which we can track referrals despite our failure to get the rest of the program set up yet!

1 Like