Beeminder anti-habit-forming

If it’s a color and graph change, it should be done globally so the scheme stays consistent.

:heart_eyes:

Agreed—but I don’t have any swaths of color in my graphs. This is what I see on my dashboard:
And on my graph pages:

I understand that the new graphs will have bands of color, and I’m all for visual consistency. Which I think means the green isoline should span 3-7 days, and everything beyond should be gray.

1 Like

You might be able to achieve that in your own browser with a Tampermonkey script something like the one here: Beeminder as task list, Tampermonkey script
I haven’t looked in to whether it would be possible though so this is a bit of a guess. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oooh, that’s wonderful! Thanks for the tip, @alys.

1 Like

If you’re going to do it in your goal list, I think Beeminder gives you enough info, since it includes something like data-losedate="1587985199" on all the .goal elements on the page. You could use JavaScript in your Tampermonkey script to compare that timestamp to the current timestamp and then modify the color accordingly.

2 Likes

@narthur I’ve been doing this for a month now – not every day, currently I’m doing it at least twice a week.

I’m glad I started, it certainly seems helpful, and I think it’ll be motivating to look back on later and see what progress I’ve made. Thanks for suggesting it.

I just pasted in this message of yours I’m replying to into the top of the journal, to remind myself what I should be doing!

2 Likes