Calendial-Concomitant Continuous Commenting

Bookminder

The Mission and Staff Engineer continue apace; I’ve added Julia Galef’s The Scout Mindset, which I’ve been meaning to read for ages and finally picked up from the library. I’m historically really bad about actually reading my library books… turns out, unsurprisingly, that beeminder goals help! :smiley:

Derailments

I derailed on inbox-zero, but I was pretty sure that I’d checked before going to the movies and didn’t have any beemos. As a whittle-down with automated data sourcing[forum], it theoretically can be a surprise… but my script runs every hour and I didn’t see issues in logs? I’ve noticed some other color weirdness with the android app widget in the past, so my working theory is some kind of android widget staleness or bug. Support is on the case, and I called non-legit in the meantime.

Changes & notes

• I had some actual red goals this week! I let cleaning go to True Red, because I spent several hours out with friends yesterday and was fine burning some safety buffer. It’s kind of like a mini-derail, where instead of a monetary cost I just have to work double today. Which, luckily, I wanted to do anyways—my goal was doing fine but I was a little behind on cleaning, since I’d been orange-skating for a week or so. OitNR doing its job swimmingly!
  • Rather than trying to figure out the perfect metric for GTD tracking, I started gtd off as a simple beenary goal, 0.8/day, +1 for “touched my gtd file”.
  • Steepened & ratcheted staff-engineer, since I got way ahead.
  • Steepened & ratcheted cleandish, which didn’t have an autodialMin, and along with some breaks had accumulated more than a month of safety buffer!
  • Same story for brushdark, though it wasn’t so far gone.
  • I’ve a new coding project I want to get started this week, so I ratcheted coding to 5 days.
  • I was still undecided/waffley about Spanish and sewing goals, so per my requirements from last week, I made goals! spanish is 3/week beenary “did anything related to studing spanish”; sewing is 30min/week toggl. I had an old archived sewing goal, but I don’t think it had the toggl settings I wanted, and I wanted to start this fresh goal at $0, so I renamed that one to sewing-archived.
  • Goals under consideration (maybe I should make this a header-section, instead of sub-bullets?)
    • Anki still doesn’t need a goal, still keeping an eye on it.
    • I decided to try regular journalling; it’s too new of a thing to know how I actually feel about it. But it’s possible it’ll want a goal!