Calendial-Concomitant Continuous Commenting

No derailments this week, hooray!

Changes and notes

• I had support put a break on gym—my wife got sick and I felt it would be irresponsible to go to the gym when I was exposed to something fluish. I haven’t gotten sick yet, luckily, but I still think it was a good choice!
  • I wrote a userscript to cutely display beenary goals. It also replicates the “collapse” feature of @zzq 's extension, since my primary browser (qutebrowser[github]) can’t run firefox/chrome extensions, but does support (a subset of the features of) greasemonkey userscripts. I’m still testing it out and tweaking it, and I want to see if I can get it to work with zzq’s extension instead of just duplicate it, but… keep an eye on this space for more info!
  • I gave myself a bit of tennis elbow from too much typing with bad posture and then too much piano practice, so I have a break scheduled that starts on Thursday. One of my closest online friends is a PT so she recommended me some stretches and exercises and it’s doing fine enough to edge-skate the goal until then, so I probably won’t bother having support help. Besides, there’s plenty of right-hand work, sorting out fingering, and listening to recordings of the songs I’m working on that would count as “practice” and not aggravate my elbow at all.
  • Customary ratchets on cleanspresso, brushdark, and lichess-puzzles. brushday, somewhat embarassingly, doesn’t need a ratchet: since my wife was sick, I was sleeping in the office, but my toothbrush was still in the master bath, so my morning routine was all out of whack. This has been resolved!
  • I’ve been considering a beenary goal for anki-zero. Now that I’m in “maintenance mode” on my decks, I don’t have as much intrinsic “learning is fun!” motivation to keep up with it every day. As usual, unless I explicitly decide against it, the “not making a decision” decision will be to make the goal at my next calendial.
2 Likes