Calendial-Concomitant Continuous Commenting

Bookminder

I started the chronologically first Vorkosigan Saga book, Falling Free this past week! I didn’t even stay up all night to finish it immediately; I’m very proud of myself. Goal is falling-free.

Derailments

Called non-legit
None!

Legit

• must-do again! I made it not due at noon anymore, even though there were some benefits, the derailments—both legit and non-legit—were not worth it. We’ll see how it goes with end-of-day.
  • I just didn’t get to yoga before the deadline! I had been thinking of moving my deadlines later and kind of thought I’d already done it, but definitely hadn’t. Oops!
  • I missed scheduling my focusmate for 11:45 by a minute, and you can only schedule at 15 minute steps, so I had to do it at midnight, which counted as the next day. Nothing is surprising or bad here! I had ample chances to schedule it earlier. That one was at $0, though.

Changes and Notes

• As I alluded to on my yoga derail, I’ve moved my default deadlines to 1am! My wife is night shift now so I’m also staying up and waking up later than I used to.
  • I scheduled a break for everything for early May for a small trip we’re taking!
  • I have two new goals! inbox-zero[bmndr] and email-control[bmndr]. I’ve wanted an inbox-zero style goal for a little while, but I don’t use gmail. So I wrote my own tool[gitlab]! I have a more detailed forum post about that here[forum]. It works basically just like the gmail integration kind of inbox-zero goal, except that it tracks total emails, not just read. I’m not sure how that’ll work with breaks—we’ll find out! email-control is a manual control-system goal (see previous post) for dealing with my starred emails.
2 Likes