Apropos courtesy of Beeminder: I got a present in the mail today!
Isn’t this the cutest little soldering iron? As far as irons go, that is.
With 65W (!) it also got more than 1.5x the oomph of my big ol’ soldering station which means it can maintain the temperature far easier and it’s so tiny I can keep it around in my flat and not have to disassemble it to stow it away all the time. This directly translates into more convenience and more fun! And DIY projects that aren’t fun are projects that aren’t happening.
Compared to my old station other than increased fun factor and convenience it also got:
- USB, because it’s 2019 and you gotta be able to mod your soldering iron, right?
- A grounding clamp to not accidentally fry the delicate electronicals you’re working on
- Motion sensor to partially cool down the iron when not in use so it’s still warm but not hot enough to damage the tip
- With the alternative firmware: Lot’s more stuff including a battery charge indicator and boost mode
- an OLED screen + animated menu so you actually see what you’re doing
I’m super excited about this little guy! Thanks so much Beehive!