Feature bounties

Is Beeminder at all amenable to offers to pay $x for a feature to be implemented (or bug to be fixed)? Sometimes I’d pay $20 to have something right now instead of whenever you get around to it. Other users could offer additional amounts, so it could end up being a sizable amount (or not, if no one cares enough to pay).

Could implement it as a goal that I’d intentionally allow to derail if the feature gets implemented…

4 Likes

I would chip in 5$ for a bounty to build a “long view/short view” switch that would alternate the graph between a 2-week period and a 2-months period :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great idea to start this thread! I once got so excited about a proper mechanism for feature bounties that I grabbed bountable.com.

Proposed convention in the meantime: click :heart: if you’d also chip in at least $5 for the stated feature.

1 Like

I would also chip in for this, if I could could set the durations of “long” and “short”. I don’t particularly have use for a 2-month view, but I do have several graphs where I want views of “last few weeks” and “since the last time I re-launched this goal”.

3 Likes

Also, I’d suggest that if this is ever implemented, there be a max per-user bounty that’s less than the bounty to actually implement the feature. Otherwise features could be entirely dominated by a user with more money than sense.

1 Like

By the way @dreev, this
a) is easily implemented if you just enabled the “experimental” SVG(?) graph in the goal view
b) would sound nice as “custom graphs” in the list of premium features :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Would definitely pay for this, although I think it’s potentially a bigger idea than just a beeminder feature.