Gratitude journaling together

• the first wall of wallpapering is complete, and was really straightforward!
  • the buds are turning to leaves on our trees and look beautiful
  • remembering to do X is very helpful to me each day
2 Likes
  1. Viewing something as a math problem/experiment to make it slightly less annoying to do over and over again. :laughing: With the kind assistance of @clivemeister and @dreev, no less.
  2. Getting lots of reading done while doing this mini-game, which also makes it less annoying to do over and over – completely tolerable, in fact.
  3. A past FFXIV event with unique minions and mounts is coming back! I wasn’t playing when it was first available, so I missed out, but now I get to do it.
3 Likes
  • private gratitude
  • i’m grateful that my best friend showed me the absurdity that is https://www.albronzosoundtrack.com/.
  • self-gratitude: i’m very grateful that i went to visit an old acquaintance.
2 Likes

bonus self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i finally (finally) replied to some text messages. (it was long overdue.)

2 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i was on time today.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’m too tired to keep myself awake some more.
  • i’m grateful the weather cooled down again.

edit to add the following day (because you can only post three posts in a row):

• self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i slept a decent amount of hours last night.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i tried my best at work today.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i at least didn’t forget to do the laundry tonight.
2 Likes
  1. I finally got the item I wanted in Final Fantasy XIV! It was a silly and inconsequential goal, but it was something I enjoyed, so it was worth it. And now I’m #7 on my server for number of minions, #62 on my data enter, and #398 in the world. (Technically only out of the people who track it via a site called FFXIVcollect, and some people are opted out deliberately… but it’s still a leaderboard running to at least ~700,000 people, since I know someone who is #686,769 in the world!)
  2. Finally got focused enough to finish my answer to the first of 46 practice exam questions. I need to speed up, but I just want to be grateful that I’ve made a start, for a moment.
  3. I think physio is helping the nagging aches and pains I have right now.
3 Likes
  • Another room successfully wallpapered
  • Grateful I let one of my goals derail even though I could have called non-legit, because I felt the respite pause was worth the pledge cost
  • Sunshine today
3 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i made myself do the laundry again.
  • i’m grateful i made good progress at work today.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i worked on one of my beemos before leaving for work today.
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful i now know better what to do for my trip preparation.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’m still enjoying working on my book project.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i packed something today so i can’t forget it tomorrow.
2 Likes
  1. Words! When we happen to use a fancy vocab word in conversation that our teenager has memorized thanks to anki, she recites the definition in a robot voice
  2. Nerds! People making Beeminder browser extensions
  3. Bikes! Biked up Rocky Butte with Bee and Cantor yesterday and biked my 3-year-old nephew to Music Together today
3 Likes
  1. I have everything I wanted from the mini-game I was playing in FFXIV, plus an extra for my wife.
  2. Was thinking my morning pages habit wasn’t really working the way I wanted it to, and then unexpectedly wrote two short stories because of it. Well, OK then.
  3. Bookly’s current readathon is tempting me to spend a lot of time reading…
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful i saw sleeping ducks today. and i’m grateful that i made note of it, otherwise i would have forgotten about it.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i went to my graduation reunion.
  • i’m grateful that i went home when i did.
2 Likes
  1. Rereading the Murderbot books, but in audio this time. It’s a nice background while I’m doing other stuff, but it’s familiar so it’s easy to just let it wash over me if I need to concentrate for a moment.
  2. Bookly’s Odyssey readathon seems to be inspiring me, ahaha. I want to win at reading, a thing which is both normal to want and possible to achieve! (But in all seriousness, if it stops being fun, I’ll stop doing it.)
  3. Had a nice lie-in this morning.
2 Likes
  1. Lovely sunshine today - made the distant trees look beautiful
  2. Aches and pains are in abeyance
  3. Charming pair of wagtails in the garden this morning
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful that i had a fun night with friends.
  • i’m grateful that i’ll get to see the baby again before my long trip.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i wasn’t late today, despite too little sleep.
2 Likes
  • i’m grateful for [baby].
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i’m letting tiredness take over and going to sleep uncharacteristically early now.
  • i’m grateful that i’ll have enough time to get my things in order tomorrow morning.
2 Likes
  1. Lots of reading over the weekend.
  2. Making good progress on clearing my currently-reading list.
  3. Lots of stretching eased my trapped nerve issue a lot.
2 Likes
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful that i got some things in order this morning.
  • i’m grateful that i got a super quick reply today.
  • i’m grateful stardew valley exists. it’s not like i’d be bored to bits without it, and it’s not like i’ve been playing a healthy amount of it recently, but still, it’s such a wholesome and interesting game. :orange_heart: (orange heart because fall is insanely pretty.)
1 Like
  • i’m grateful that i remembered a dream from last night. it’s been so long since the last one.
  • self-gratitude: i’m grateful i managed to motivate myself to do laundry.
  • i’m grateful i have fun things to do at work tomorrow.
1 Like
  1. Some progress has been made on a family thing.
  2. Figuring out ways to make time to listen to audiobooks has been nice.
  3. Randomly picking up a book because I mentioned it on my blog was fun.
2 Likes