Gratitude journaling together

1. Got to walk with a friend
  2. It’s quite a bit cooler today
  3. Backpacking to a beautiful spot over the weekend
2 Likes
  1. Cheesecake
  2. I was able to spend part of the afternoon sitting in a park while working.
  3. An face-to-face meeting was converted to an online one, thank goodness.
1 Like
  1. I got a new ink for a fountain pen my friend gave me and everything about the situation makes me happy: the pen was a gift from a close friend, but it had been dropped and bent the nib, and I successfully fixed it, and I was able to buy the ink in a wonderful physical store, and I didn’t realize it was a shimmer ink until I put it in the pen to use it, and it’s a really well-made ink (fast drying, lovely color, subtle shimmer), and ahhhhh
  2. My wife has been running errands almost every day while I’ve been at work <3
  3. My wife and I have really good communication, even when one of us has irritated the other!
1 Like
  1. Much cooler temperatures today.
  2. According to Garmin, by the powers of my wedge pillow and my acid reflux medication combined, I got 5.5 hours of rest. For reference, less than two weeks ago I was getting zero hours of rest a day.
  3. We have a dehumidifier, long ago borrowed from my dad, and that’s very helpful in drying out under the floorboards. It’s gonna be a long process.
2 Likes
  1. I saw a fly with a bright orange skin - it was very pretty!
  2. The full moon above the horizon.
  3. This post from our government Health department about urge surfing - pause, breath, assess, and think before giving in to an urge to perform a bad habit.
1 Like
  1. New books on the way! I know, I know, I get a lot of books… but I also read a lot of books.
  2. Beeminder is making a StoryGraph integration!
  3. Sitting in the living room and having Biscuit Bun constantly putting her paws on me and leaning up for attention. I miss having the bunnies run free all the time.
1 Like
  1. Jeremy made burgers for lunch.
  2. We were able to get our cat in to see the vet at short notice because she’s been off her food (the vet thinks there’s nothing significantly wrong and we have a short course of medication for her).
  3. Waking Up has a new series about time management (‘Rather than focusing on rote efficiency or productivity, Burkeman calls on us to embrace our finitude and surrender to the rhythms of life, so that we may “end our struggle with time” - and live with “more accomplishment, more success, and more time spent on what matters most.”’)
1 Like
  1. I realised a potential trigger for my acid reflux that I can sort out without giving up things that I like.
  2. Woken up by the arrival of new books. Lisa brought them to me in bed to help motivate me to get up, ahaha. A new E.C.R. Lorac book! :heart_eyes: (Well, a new re-issue; she’s dead, of course, but her books are coming back into print through the British Library Crime Classics series.)
  3. Getting a fun song stuck in my head. Today, “Hurricane” by Dorothy.
  1. My new smart water bottle can glow rainbow colours to remind me to drink!
  2. Lisa’s doing battle with acres of my dress to try and press it a bit. (It’s a maxi-dress with tiers; I have to pick up the hem to be able to go up and down stairs. There’s a lot of it.)
  3. Wales v South Africa, the series decider, is played today. I’ve decided to be full of optimism; I think the boys can do it. Either way, it should be a good show.
1 Like
  1. A small party with several of my favourite friends.
  2. Sweet potato pizza.
  3. Our cat has started eating again.
  1. Spending yesterday watching the rugby at my parents’ house because we don’t have Sky.
  2. My mum got us pizza.
  3. Wales did not win, but there were some lovely passages of play.
1 Like
  1. I have tins of spaghetti in sauce except instead of normal spaghetti they are dinosaurs.
  2. An afternoon of nothing but games with a friend and cups of tea and chocolate.
  3. Westworld.
1 Like
  1. Lisa’s work happy with them starting and finishing early in the heat, so I was able to do the same.
  2. My dad came over yesterday to water our new plants and take some stuff we borrowed that was taking up space.
  3. My water bottle is helping me remember to hydrate.
  1. Positive feedback for a friend at their job.
  2. Fish and chips for lunch then Mexican food for dinner.
  3. Few interruptions at work today so I made progress on some projects.
1 Like
  1. The night is over. It was hot and miserable and I’m glad to stop trying to sleep. This is not a very cheerful gratitude, but it is heartfelt.
  2. This silly video with bunnies.
  3. Cool baths. (Don’t worry, we didn’t waste the water. It was used to water our plants, mostly the ones the bunnies can eat, to help get them through the heatwave.)
2 Likes
  1. Lots of birdsong this morning.
  2. This short video makes me laugh every time.
  3. This method to make a small lost item easier to see if its owner returns.
1 Like
  1. Cool breeze!
  2. Catching up with stuff that just wasn’t possible during the heat.
  3. The warm weather has pretty much dried out our insulation after the burst pipe, so we can put the carpet back down soon.
  1. We weren’t affected by the houses burning down close by on the day it hit 40C here. Not even much smoke where we are, thank goodness. Plus, there’s an appeal set up to help the six families whose houses burned.
  2. Getting my hair cut today.
  3. It’s possible to hoover the carpets again properly now! Never thought I’d be grateful for the ability to hoover, but I actually am.
1 Like

I’m grateful for this wonderful piece of technology that i get to use everyday. Amazing what our computers can do. Absolutely magical. Also, i’m grateful for public water fountains.
We live in the best times of history. Its easy to forget that sometimes.

2 Likes
  1. About to play some more Stray with Lisa. By which I mean we will each separately play Stray and yell encouragement at each other.
  2. Hot water bottles and ibuprofen when I am randomly in pain for no apparent reason.
  3. It’s cool and rainy!