Help me get back in the sting of things after a long beebreak

@zedmango I like the way you think! :+1:

@narthur Then I’d run into the “if I have safety buffer, I’ll use it even if I don’t need it” problem – honestly, I’m not sure how Orange Is The New Red can work for @dreev, since I feel like if I was capable of doing things before their deadline, I wouldn’t need beeminder in the first place!

3 Likes

The way auto-ratchet messes up breaks right now makes me wonder how anyone can whole-heartedly recommend it.

“Oh you just have to turn it off then!” - Yeah thank you, setting breaks was already so ridiculous that I resorted to emailing support (sorry and thank you again). I live basically two lives. Home and consulting. At times I needed up to two breaks a month of up to a week each. There’s no way to schedule ratcheting. So if your system depends on it you’re literally SOL. If you’re a poweruser like I was, remember doing that for 10ish goals on top of actually getting back on track with your life. Yeah thank you.

At this stage in my life, I am on a long beebreak, because everything is changing constantly. I am very overwhelmed and beeminder is certainly too opinionated towards a settled lifestyle for me to make it work in any way. Auto-ratchet feels broken to me and I like to think it’s “just not a priority to fix” rather than this actually being a design choice.

1 Like

Making sure you’ve seen beeminder.com/breaks – it’s not ready to be announced too widely yet (it’s not even linked from the UI yet) but we’re getting there! And fixing incompatibilities between autoratchet and breaks and weekends-off and restarts is #2 on our list of next things, not counting a few things we’re in the middle of!

2 Likes

I saw that, yes. Unfortunately that dropped after most of the chaos already transpired. I’m glad to hear that is being worked on, maybe when my life settles down a bit I can return to some awesome features. :slight_smile:

1 Like