iPhone app notifications displaying the wrong day of the week + deltas are broken

I currently have two goals with time due by tomorrow and another with time due on Saturday. However, the push notifications I got today for all three of these goals read Saturday.

On the Gallery page, these goals read:

• +0.57 due Fri night by 04:00am
  • +0.52 due Fri night by 04:00am
  • +0.4 due Sat night by 04:00am

However, the push notifications have read:

• …needs +0.57 by Sat at 4:00
  • …needs +0.52 by Sat at 4:00
  • …needs +0.4 by Sat at 4:00

Additionally, deltas don’t seem to be displaying correctly.

On the actually website, they are correctly listed as “+1.32, +6.32, +11.32”, but the app seems to be ignoring datapoints which were added today. This has been going on for some time now.

2 Likes

Thanks or the bug report!

This specific item might have to do with changes in the road slope rather than whether the goal is recently sync’d. I notice that your example agrees that today needs +1.32, and it’s after today that the two start to differ.

I’ve noticed that too. And certainly it sometimes takes the app a while to notice that a datapoint has been entered elsewhere (whether via autodata or on the website). The syncing has improved in recent versions, though sometimes the display of recent datapoints is stale.

Tagging for @apb

1 Like

After look at the behavior further, I actually have no idea what it’s doing. It doesn’t seem to be following any clear pattern.

I did a little experiment and started with this:

Now, there is a slight discrepancy because 40/week hasn’t kicked in yet (it’s still currently at 35/week). However, it doesn’t seem like that should matter because on the web it was properly displayed as “+2.28, +7.28, +12.28” which are the correct values for 35/week. I then added a small dummy datapoint and it changed to this:

On the web, the values correctly changed to “+2.25, +7.25, +12.25”. The app behavior really makes no sense because the goal is 40/week, not something like 8/day with weekends off. Even if it were erroneously displaying a slope of 40/week, it would display something like “+2.25, +7.96, +13.67.”

But overall the display of deltas on the app is super inconsistent. Today for one goal, I have +0.55 due. The detas on the app displayed as “+0.55, +0.55, +0.55”. My daily rate is 0.57, so that should read “+0.55, +1.12, +1.69”. I met my goal for the day, and as of right now the website states there is +0.099 due tomorrow. Here is what the app displays:

So now it only displays one green delta, even though this delta is due tomorrow, so it should be blue. I also just realized that there’s a bug on the website as well, because here’s what I’m seeing for this same goal:

So for whatever reason, the true green value is +0.67, but even the top of the goal’s page is showing the blue value as the green one. Something’s not lining up!

2 Likes