New Month's Resolutions

i want to reiterate that i very much love this idea! especially since i can easily see myself using it for not only picking up new, long-term habits, but also for finishing short-term goals (like maybe getting rid of all my non-permanent beeminder bookmarks in a month?).

so, fregstreme: this is a more extreme version of the fregs goal that i set up for the new year’s resolution—credit to the idea goes to @shanaqui and their 3 (?) different intensity levels of reading goals for this year. i thought of that again today and found it to be the perfect middle ground between testing a steeper rate of my fregs goal without committing to that for the whole year and possibly burning out / getting frustrated by it.
like fregs, fregstreme also has an autoratchet of 7 days, but the rate is 3/day, not 1/day like fregs currently has … (upped from 6/7 today, taking effect next week.) one month seems like a good testing phase for getting a feel for the numbers—is 3 still too low, is it too high, is it about right? we’ll see! starting with 7 days of initial buffer as well.
i’ve set it to end after january, and i very likely won’t let it run beyond that, especially since it requires me to enter the same data in two goals …

3 Likes