New Year's Resolutions: December Dry Run

I’ve created a Self-Gratitude Quotient goal for this. I’m already tracking the number of gratitude posts that I made in https://forum.beeminder.com/t/gratitude-journaling-together/ but this new SGQ goal is specifically for days on which I write down something that I am grateful for about myself. I’m not forcing myself to always post that SGQ item to the gratitude forum thread because sometimes it might be something that is too personal to share, but I expect that most of my SGQ items will be public.

I’m doing this because it’s difficult for me to express gratitude towards myself but I’m aware that it is good for my mental health.

The goal’s rate is currently 5/7 per day (i.e., five days a week I need to write down a self-gratitude item).

I’ve started it with a buffer of 7 days because I’m trying really hard to keep all my goals at 7+ days (with mixed success). Will that cause a problem for the NY Resolution contest? It will make it easier for me to avoid derailing, so I don’t know if this is suitable here.

4 Likes