The Zed Sched Fire Trial: I take Mary's scheduling challenge!

I do have Beemium (lifetime member baby! woo hoo), which allows for freebee goals. I highly recommend Beemium!

It’s not quite that I run the derails through a separate goal that keeps a tally - instead I just made some $5 goals so if I derail on 10 I can easily charge myself.

I’m sorry but I’m not quite sure what you mean - can you elaborate? Remember, these are 50 cent goals and the payment goals are $5 daily goals, so I need to keep track of which goals I owe money on on a per-goal basis.

A dry run would be nice but there isn’t time! I have too much to do this weekend and it starts on Monday!

Also, I’m trying a new viewpoint on the “adding more every day” thing. @mary talked about this in her post:

Here’s the theory I’m testing out: most alleged “good behavior-changing advice” is total crap and @mary has the right idea.

The theory is based on my observation that when I change environments, like starting a new job, a new school program, go on vacation, to a workshop, a conference, or a retreat - and there’s a schedule provided for me - it’s effortless to fall into the new way. It just sort of happens. I respond to the new cues.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s easier to throw yourself into a new system than to inch in little-by-little.

Also, don’t forget (bolded so I remember): I only have to start each task! I can just do 1 minute on it! And this is not an “ice-cream-truck loophole” - I fully intend to make use of it, especially at first. So I can adjust to the increasing workload by going longer and longer on each task.

Oh, me too! And I also love color-coded calendars! But I want to see if I can do it, and I think this is worth a try.