What are the technical reasons for the incompatibility between autoratcheting and weekends off?

I wouldn’t say “Beeminder” doesn’t know, but I didn’t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(FWIW, on the sidethread of “what can we comfortably ask support to do”, and also on the sidethread of “making support do a lot of work is a great way to push a feature forward”, I currently – and on the explicit advice of support! – ask support to schedule all my all-goal breaks, because I am both confused by the break format, and think having to set breaks in a dozen goals is hellish.)

2 Likes

Honestly, though, Beeminder must have the best support of any company in America. It’s ridiculous. :exploding_head:

8 Likes

I sort of envisioned that you had a whiteboard full of my complaints on it at the Beehive. :slight_smile: Just kidding, what you said makes sense.

Unfortunately I can’t because the features are premium, so I can’t use them as-is. And I’m not willing to buy premium given the state of these two features. I think your suggestion would work for free features, but there’s a circular dependency when considering premium features.

Put another way, your next paragraph is my fear:

Given perfect data I would agree with you, but I think the gatekeeping thing discussed above as well as The Cockroach Principle | Beeminder Blog make it difficult to have confidence that a feature is actually being adopted and used as you expect? I’m genuinely curious 1) what fraction of premium users with access to weekends off use it; 2) what fraction of all Beeminder users would use weekends off if they could.

Possibly there is… :wink: I’ve never shared physical space with any other workerbee but Alys, so far!

As for actually analysing how people use the features, it’s a bit above my pay grade – I’m mostly talking about how you’d get support to advocate for something to be fixed, I guess.

2 Likes