Beeminder Forum

I'd Like to Set Up A Weekly Google Hangout Crew

Personally I’m a big fan of http://discordapp.com/. One noteworthy thing: it allows you to have different nick names for each community or server you join.

Available as browser only and as stand alone desktop client and on mobile.

1 Like

Okay folks, I’m thinking next Sunday will be Day 0, but I’m open to Saturday.

If you're interested in participating, share your time/date preferences with this When Is Good Poll by Thursday at 12 EST.

http://whenisgood.net/beeminder-weekly-review

I’ll post again on this forum on Thursday evening with a preliminary agenda flow (although “agenda” is probably too strong a word) and a specified time and video chat link.

3 Likes

What a great idea! I can’t join in this week, but I’m already curious about how it goes! Someone let us know!

3 Likes

When? Sunday 12pm EST

Where? https://whereby.com/ji

https://whereby.com/ji

What? A Weekly Review Session

Agenda (beta version 1.0):

• Introductions / Icebreaker (5 min)
  • Set & Share Intentions for Session (5 min)
  • Introduce the Preliminary Methodology (a.k.a. The Method) (5 min)
  • Share Resources, Best Practices, Beeminder Tips (10-20 min)
  • Update The Method (5-10 min)
  • Initial Methodology Work-Through (10 min)
  • Open-Ended Working Time & Conversation (10-20 min)
  • Take An Oath (5 min)
    (i.e. Commit publicly to your goals for the next week; Establish and share your accountability method)

Total Time = ~1 hour +/- 10 minutes

6 Likes

After every Weekly Review session, I will post the meeting minutes on this forum.

I am holding myself accountable to holding these sessions-- even if nobody shows up-- for the rest of this year. Made a beeminder for it. If it catches on and more people attend, I’ll start a fresh new forum for Weekly Reviews and start posting updates there. In the meantime, here is fine.

4 Likes

It just occurred to me that one slightly similar thing to this is Complice’s co-working rooms: https://complice.co/rooms

(They’re for doing sync’d pomodoros, or tocks as we call them. In fact, I think that could be a great thing to have as part of this weekly review session if others like the idea!)

2 Likes

I’m going to attempt to attend tomorrow, but I’ll have Toddler Watching Responsibility, so we’ll see how well those combine.

1 Like

Did I do timezone math wrong here, or are we starting next weekend? I thought 9am pst was 12 est.

3 Likes

Is this still on? I’d join when the timing is good for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! Will there be a meeting tomorrow (2/23)? I missed last week, but I’m interested!

1 Like

@lanthala & @brittany since there was no reply to any of our questions and @jicruz hasn’t been online (on the forum) since Feb. 13 I doubt that he is still organizing it.

Still like the idea and his short agenda. Are you interested in doing the session anyway?

Same time (12 pm EST = 9am PST = 6 pm (18:00) CET), on whereby.com/ji. I have whereby.com/ajdautel as a backup but maybe @jicruz will be online after all?

3 Likes

I’m up for it! If nothing else it forces me to do my weekly planning earlier on Sunday, and Sundays are my “have toddler” morning, so I’m awake at 9 no matter what I’d prefer.

3 Likes

Ooh, being a Beeminder cofounder I can be useful here by … [drum roll] … establishing focality! Watch this.

This is officially on, Sunday Feb 23 at 9am pacific (noon eastern, 6pm CET)

The official room is whereby.com/ji which should accept the first 4 people to connect . If that’s full then whereby.com/ajdautel is the overflow room.

(I personally can’t make that time – I’m at speedskating practice with our 11-year-old then – but eager to hear how these go and interested in checking one out in the future.)

5 Likes

Thanks @dreev! I will be there :slightly_smiling_face:

Omg, shame on me! I came back from a mountain late (had some chamois block my way but think I would have been late anyway) and phone battery died. Will be home in 10 minutes and check if anyone is still online. Sorry. :persevere:

1 Like

@lanthala and I had a short, productive meeting. We did introductions, talked about our progress on our goals from last week and what our goals/methods for achieving them will be for this upcoming week.

I’m currently figuring out what my methods will be for achieving a sleep-early early goal, and @lanthala had great tips & best practices. We plan to meet at the same time next week.

3 Likes

Hi @howtodowtle! Unfortunately we just finished. See you next week, same time?

1 Like

@brittany thanks for the report. Your meeting sounds great!

So happy that someone did show up. Bummed and sorry that I didn’t make it. I honestly totally forgot while I was out hiking and only remembered on the train on the way back. I’ll try to keep myself accountable for planning out the week tonight.

Also, a tentative yes for next week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s do this again, all details the same except the date will be March 1st.

I realized I have a conflict and cannot make this, but I encourage others to hold the meeting and post an update if they can. :slight_smile: