Is it just me, or has "Max Safety Buffer" stopped working?

I have at least two goals for which the “Max Safety Buffer” apparently doesn’t work anymore. For instance, https://www.beeminder.com/mbork/dw-translation has a “Max Safety Buffer” of 180 and today I was at 238.

Am I doing something wrong?

If you had a break set, it might not ratchet until after the break, maybe, I think? I’m not 100% sure and the changes are still new to me but I believe that there’s some protection in there to keep us from mistakenly wiping away breaks now that could affect this.

1 Like

Can you send this in to support for us if you’re still seeing issues? Max safety buffer has definitely been working in general, since I know it’s been holding my toes to the fire on some of my goals, so it’ll be easier to dig into what’s happening via support@beeminder.com where we can easily pass it amongst ourselves.

Though, as Mary said, if you have a scheduled break then the capping will no longer remove any extra added by a break.

1 Like

Any chance we could get that statement there on the goal settings panel as a reminder?

I just sent an email to support as one of my goals has a max safety buffer of 10 days, but I have 50 days until Beeminder is requiring me to enter a datapoint. So unless I am looking at something incorrectly, it seems as if this may not be working.

1 Like

Do you have a break set?

I don’t have a break set. And I don’t have weekends off for this goal.

1 Like