shanaqui's Beeminder Journal: 2021

Derailments:

• N/a

New goals:

Changes to existing goals:

• /veggies and /fruit - I added a week’s break to these to help me build a bit of buffer back up on these. Some shortages in our shopping orders have cut down on my veggie intake in particular. I won’t call not legit if they derail in the meantime, though; I should’ve planned ahead a bit more.

Project Bookminder:

Definitions: flat-forever goal = a goal made to remind me that I have this book and want to read it someday, with a rate of 0; standard reading goal = rate of 5/day, autoratchet to 1 day of safety. All reading goals have public datapoints with daily comments describing how I’m getting along with the book… or not even starting it, if the goal is still flat-forever!

• New goals for ARCs: n/a, trying not to request too many of those!
  • New flat-forever goals for backlog books: n/a, let’s keep winnowing down the list first
  • New flat-forever goals for new books: none here either!
  • /chaucerspeople - Got started on this last week, and finished it early this week, so, finished and archived. It was okay: a little slow, and maybe best if you’ve read The Canterbury Tales recently.
  • /kd5_magicslays - Finished and archived! Really fun, as ever!
  • /kd6_magicrises - Started right away, because now my wife’s reading this series, and I have to stay ahead.
  • /wag6_hoarfrost - Started the book, finished the book and archived the goal all in one day, yay! I should pick up the next omnibus, I think, because I’m still having a lot of fun with the characters and world.
  • /vs6_unexpectedperil - I started and finished this one really fast as well, though not in just one day! So now I’m caught up on this series. It’s not my favourite so far, but it was good fun.

Notes:

• Nothing else comes to mind!