New goals: /hourofcrafting and /hourofreading. Both of these are designed to make me do an hour of the activity per day. The crafting goal is tentatively going to stay no matter what, but for the /hourofreading goal I actually weaselproofed it so I could set it to archive right from the start. If it turns out to be yet another reading goal that just makes reading feel like work, then I’ll let it archive in seven days. If not, I’ll cancel the archive. And, uh, email to have Jon remove the weaselproofing in seven days’ time.
I have to admit that /hourofcrafting is going much better than /hourofreading, to which I have not added a single solitary minute even though it has existed for two days. Which is why I made the goal, really; I’m not reading much, and I “scientifically” proved at one point that for me, more reading correlates strongly with higher mood. I’ve been feeling worn down, therefore… However, if you’ve been following my Beeminder progress you may know that I always find myself archiving reading goals after brief initial successes.
So we’ll see what happens. /hourofcrafting happens to be successful at the moment because I really, really want to make this goshdarn hat so I have a hat with dragons on it for the rugby on Saturday. Also I have pretty projects I want to get to.
Changes to existing goals: I added a max safety buffer to my /activeminutes goal, since I think I intended that ages ago, and removed a bunch of safety buffer as well. I actually went through the road matrix and deleted old road changes as well, just for a nicer-looking graph.
TaskRatchet Fails: N/a.
Other comments: The review is early this week because I’ll be away tomorrow through Monday, and I keep my notes on my desktop.