Worst feature ever, yes, you should feel a little bit rotten

Tried to update my credit card (with a non-greek one, after the bank situation in Greece effectively denying all greek credit cards) and it fails for some reason. Then I come to find that all my graphs are gone. Obviously I can’t resolve this on a Sunday evening and there is no Paypal option available. Quite disheartening. There is no point to slaughter the user experience over a simple issue like that (there are plenty of ways to stop people from manipulating the system by entering false credit card info)

2 Likes

Important feedback for us! Just fixed this for you manually. I’m thinking that it happens rarely enough that maybe that’s the best policy for now, to just manually undo this when it happens for reasons like yours. Also note that you can still enter data and see how much safety buffer you have – we were careful to make sure this feature doesn’t cause additional derailments.

2 Likes

Thank you for the fix.

I still think it’s too drastic and ruins the value and trust that the user has put into the system. Especially not showing the graphs of goals with $0 pledges makes no sense at all.

The top-of-page banner is sufficient, along with the danger of having the goal archive if you derail and there is no payment. This isn’t passive-agressive, it’s 100% aggressive :wink:

1 Like

@dreev whatever you did, it didn’t last :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never mind, I have a new credit card now. Thank you.