Meta-feature request: don't put yourself on the hook for any more big features

Thanks @chipmanaged! @bee and I are discussing/reprioritizing. In general, definitely don’t assume that “already on our list” means not worth mentioning. Sadly there’s a continuous influx of new things to our list that greatly exceeds the rate at which we can hope to implement things. So re-reporting bugs like this that are still bugging you is very valuable.

Thoughts so far: #1 is possibly lower priority because we believe it will become moot with the new road editor aka generalized road dial. That’s possibly the case with #2 as well but there are definitely bad problems with restarting/unfreezing goals. We strongly advise against checking auto-quit for lots of reasons, not that that’s an excuse for bugs with a feature we provide, however discouraged.

Clarification on #1: Is it mainly the fact that retroratchet on do-more goals shifts all the dates forward? That’s often the right thing to do so fixing that before we deploy the new road editor won’t be easy.

And #2 I hope we can fix sooner but for now we basically have to advise never checking auto-quit and always picking end dates far in the future, at least when dialing the road or scheduling breaks.

PS: As I’ve said to you privately, you’ve been a huge help to us and driven big improvements to Beeminder since the early days. (Not that your fandom can be doubted after your other recent post.) In fact, much of the addendum to the above-mentioned blog post about automatic rerailing is thanks to you, who helped us figure out how to get the best of both worlds when we made that rather fundamental change to how Beeminder works.