Metagoals on beemind.me

@galtsubery are there any problems at your end?
My beeminder compose goal exercise has not updated since 4th December.
I’ve not changed anything.

2 Likes

I had a problem with the deployment of a new version and didn’t notice the problem . Fixed it now. Sorry about that.

3 Likes

I have been getting a “Params [“Invalid slug”]” error the last couple of days when trying to change or delete and recreate a composed goal.

1 Like

I don’t see your goal in the system to it must have been deleted successfully.
What I suspect happened, is something changed in beeminder.com while the goal edit page on beemind.me was open. Anytime you make changes in beeminder.com (like add or remove goals) you have to refresh the page on beemind.me. If the problem happens after you refresh the page please let me know and I can investigate further.

1 Like

Refreshing didn’t help. Trying different browsers didn’t help either.

I found the bug. For some reason I had limitation on the valid length of a slug. Everything should work now.

1 Like

I have two odometer goals that I’m trying to combine into a third, and of them can have multiple auto-updates per day. Is there any way I can make this tool work for that?

The updates occur hourly so it should work.

Yes, it works now. Thanks so much!

I’m not sure if you’re replying to me.

It didn’t work; I got very large values in the combined goal and I assume it was adding up the odometer datapoints from the other goal (it’s technically a urlminder goal; I don’t know if that makes a difference).

Thanks.

Yes, it just adds up the source point goals so it’s not helpful for odometer goals.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll look for a different solution.

@galtsubery Did you change anything recently? I seem to have duplicate data getting fed into my composed graph since sometime after January 20.

Edit: Actually, looking back, there are a couple near the beginning of when I restarted this goal on January 10. All of the duplicated data points have multiple goals in the comment, if that helps. I’m not really sure I understand the time stamps in the comments, but the first ones are the same and the second ones are different.

I’m not sure what is causing it. I’ve added some debugging printouts to the log yesterday. Next time it will happen I can find the problem.

Hey is it possible to have more than one composed goal?

I suppose if not I can finagle it with IFTTT.

Cool site, though!

Sorry, you can’t do that at the moment :pensive:

Thanks for making this available for the rest of us, though - if I wrote myself something like this I would have been too lazy to put together a ui or a login system and all the goal information would have been hardcoded…

3 Likes

First off: thanks so much for this, @galtsubery! I’ve just started using Beemind.me to collect data from several input graphs.

I’m seeing this as well:

The top entry is correct; the theo input goal has three data points I’ve entered today. It looks like Beemind.me captured the first two data points earlier in the day, and then duplicated them when it checked later and saw the third, new data point.

Hi @grayson,

You are right, the goal compose metric is buggy and has a few surprising behaviors. The problem of synchronizing data points is more complex than it seems because datapoints, goals and the metric configuration itself can change at any time.
Beemind.me is not under active development as I barely use it myself, but the code is out there if anyone wants to take on the challenge of fixing it.

Thanks for your fast response, @galtsubery! I’m not up for taking on Beemind.me’s development, so I’m going to switch to a different method (via Complice arbitrary tasks, since I already use Complice).