Suggestions for additions to the Complice integration?

Yes, that’s another great idea: to beemind % of completed intentions. ¿daily? ¿on average?

1 Like

With an aggregation method of truemean, sending ones and zeroes for each intention would aggregate as the ratio.

1 Like

For people like @asmallbee and @smokenflames, would you want it to use the number of intentions implied by the outcomes (ie the number of items there that don’t have a + in front) or by the original number of intentions or whatever. In theory these are the same but there are lots of ways they can end up being different in the data. I can see pros/cons to each.

Could you please elaborate on pros and cons? I don’t seem to understand the
true implications of such a decision

The main idea es being mindful about intentions and not just inputting whatever. The idea is to just input what I will actually want to accomplish

ooph sorry about getting back to you so late. I just go by the number of intentions implied (number of items that don’t have a + in front).

Haha no worries! I mean, I’m also very behind on this thread etc. I’ve had a lot on the go recently. I’ll be doing a hackday sometime soon, at which point I’ll potentially add the this % thing.

I’ve got a Beeminder goal for time spent writing and I also have a Complice goal for writing. I’d really like to be able to use minutes as the unit for logging a completed Pomodoro in Beeminder instead just count of completed Pomodoros.

1 Like

Ahh, so still tracking as pomodoros, but then it gets multiplied by 25 when it gets sent to beeminder? Hmm, I’m not sure how I would do that, but I see the value and I’ll think about how to implement it.

1 Like

Could folks use this tool to do conversions like that?
https://zapier.com/zapbook/updates/593/introducing-formatter-by-zapier/

No conversions required, if you’re willing to have two Beeminder goals, one for pomodoros and one for minutes. Set an IFTTT recipe to add 25 to the ‘minutes’ goal whenever there’s a datapoint in the ‘pomodoros’ goal.

Obviously that doesn’t work if it’s possible to add more than one pomodoro per day, and probably does Inappropriate Things™ after a pomodoro derailment. (So don’t do that.)

But you can use our IFTTT PROD macro to do this, adding PROD[25,{{DatapointValue}}] to the minutes goal.

1 Like

Percentage outcomes complete is here! @asmallbee, @smokenflames: Let me know if it works the way you hoped! Oh, and showing up to rooms shipped a couple of weeks ago.

Much more excitingly (in my opinion, anyway) this beeminder dashboard embedded on your today page has launched as well! I had a couple people testing it before, but now anyone can enable it in their beeminder integration settings (at the bottom).

3 Likes

Also, here’s a sneak preview of a nearly-fully-general system for beeminding complice intentions. You can specify a particular goal (or not) and match only certain strings/regexes (or not) or only starred tasks, and then from this you get to choose if you’re counting completions or pomodoros (and I think maybe I’ll throw the “minutes” thing in here, and it’ll do a mix of converting pomos and adding things like “10 minutes”)

I haven’t done any work on the backend for this though, so it’ll probably be awhile before it ships.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. This is why I’m a happy paying complice customer and I recommend it each time I can.

1 Like

I posted an exciting update to this here: Use Complice to Beemind Arbitrary Tasks

1 Like

This one shows goals that are below the fold - I have one with “bad” stats (like derailed), but I’m not interested in that in this listing.

Ahh good call. I’ll add a setting for that soon.

I know a lot of people have mentioned IFTTT and Zapier, but I’ll add my two cents. I think that your time and effort would be better served my making IFTTT and/or Zapier integrations. This would allow you to integrate with Beeminder and a multitude of other apps! For example, I just learned about an app called Qapital. I would like to set up some integration where a certain amount of money is deposited towards a winter Hawaii work-cation. If I complete my pomodoro goal, $10 is deposited towards my February Hawaii trip (I live in Portland, so getting out of the rain and clouds is highly motivating.)

FYI: I’ve investigated IFTTT integrations in the past. It’s almost exactly the same as the RSS feed integration. And under the hood it’s using an RSS feed (with 15min precision) for the actual event delivery.

Adding some interesting RSS feeds would be enough for us crazy beta testery folks to play with it before you go try to convince IFTTT that they shouldn’t charge you tons for the integration.

1 Like

Hmm. If you make an example RSS feed of the kind of data you’d like to see, I could probably generate it. I would try to bounce off the task if I just approached it naively though, since I don’t know what sort of thing people would want.

I’m keen to make a Zapier integration soon though, as I feel like I have a better sense of how that would work (much like the beeminder integration, just more general).