Beeminder Forum

adamwolf's Beeminder Journal

I’m going to open with what the home screens for my phone look like.

Screenshot_20190102-113438 Screenshot_20190102-113521 Screenshot_20190102-113530 Screenshot_20190102-113535 Screenshot_20190102-113539 Screenshot_20190102-113544

I have nearly all of my Beeminder goals as widgets, and I group them. They then put next to the appropriate thing to make that goal get better. I’ve been doing this for a while, and it’s pretty instrumental in ensuring my life stays on the rails. Without it, I am still a pretty productive person, but I teetotal and end up dropping a lot of other life goals outside of career stuff.

I realize it’s not the point but oh my god I thought I had a lot of beeminder goals and I was so, so very wrong.

Are these all manual data entry, or are some of them autodata and you just have them as widgets to observe their progress?

I think I can do an overview for an upcoming entry in this thread, but few are manual data entry. On the first three pages, and the last page, there are maybe 8 total that are manual–the rest are automatic.

On the third page, most are manual.

:heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes:

Would love more info on your goal system.

Looks like you don’t have to hug your wife for 2 weeks now :open_mouth:

what are the three pairs on the left on the last page?

I removed the retroratchet on the hugs goal for some reason, and I need to put it back in place. :blush:

The three pairs on the last page are

read on the bus, read on the bus entries
coffeeless days, coffeeless days entries
caffeineless days, caffeineless days entries

The _entries goals are powered by IFTTT, and just make sure I keep entering data even if I have plenty of buffer. They’re kinda like PPRs in that respect, only infinitely more powerful :wink:

I’m not sure why I keep the caffeineless day goal around, when my last caffeinated day was in July or August 2017.

I am so tempted to make goals for bunnytime every time I see yours about hugging your wife… :laughing: I feel like I play favourites in effect by having Biscuit in my office, I really need to remember to spend equal time with each bun, especially with them not getting to run around anymore!

(But what would the goal names be! breakfasttime [Breakfast, of course]… nosetonose [Biscuit]… hugthehulk [Hulk]… cuddleclair [Eclair]… hmmmmm, it’s beginning to look good even just for the goalnames. :smiley:)

Also, I was just thinking about making my own _entries type goals (I always forget to update nothungry and end up having to deal with a bunch of PPRs where I’m not sure what the data actually was) and just realised it was you where I saw that before! Thank you!

is that what the kids call it these days?

Ahaha, no! I have four real pet bunnies I need to remember to hug. :laughing:

(I didn’t even think of that potential meaning. :flushed:)

I used to hide my hug* goals from non-Beeminder nerds, but I got someone good when I asked, “Do you hug your kid every day?” “Yeah, definitely.” Their wife sideeyed, and they saw it. “You sure? I know I do.”

Brilliant goalnames, @shanaqui!

Btw, @faire’s Survivor goal is “smugglethefirecracker” – for hugging her little brother every day. I think “smuggle” is a portmanteau of “smother” and “snuggle”. And of course “firecracker” is an obviously correct epithet for Cantor.