At first I used a bluetooth button that was connected to my Android phone via Tasker but that failed for a few reasons:
- Sometimes the button did not register my push
- Your phone has to be somewhat near you
- I cannot quickly check how many bites I had already taken for the day.
The perfect tool that I found was an abacus bracelet. Typically an abacus bracelet has 2 row, one for counting by one and one for counting by ten.
Here is a video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6Mdi2erIQ
I have used it for a couple of days and it solves all of the issues that I had with using a bluetooth button:
- I do not have to worry about button pushes registering since I move the beads
- I do not have to have my phone near me
- I can glance down at the bracelet and quickly see how many bites I have taken