Beeminder for maintaining weight?

I recently started using Beeminder for weight loss with the intention of losing 10 pounds. It’s been so effective I’m a month and a half ahead of schedule already! Having specific, manageable goals and seeing my progress on the chart is super motivating. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder

Once I reach my target weight, I want to stay there long-term. I’ve had issues with healthy weight management before, and I want to be sure that I don’t continue losing an unhealthy amount of weight.

The best solution I can think of is having two Beeminder goals, one for weight loss and one for weight gain, so that I have to stay on the path between the two (with some room for fluctuation, but only maybe 2-3 pounds). Has this worked for anyone else, or does anyone have a better idea of how to set this goal up?

1 Like

From what I have seen in the forum, other people also solve this with two goals, one for the upper limit and one for the lower one.

Everyone’s body is different, but I would need a larger fluctuation than 2-3 pounds.

Yep, that’s what worked for me! Here’s my post about using that setup: Maintaining a consistent weight with Beeminder

1 Like