Beeminder visualization tools: prototype

Here’s a prototype of some visualization tools for beeminder.
Keep in mind that this is in the prototype stage, and might be completely broken. Let me know what you think.

http://eugeniobruno.com:12344/v0/Beexperiments

I’m actually surprised at the kind of information it can make obvious. As an example, here’s a cool screenshot of a graph in hours. See if you can spot where I weaseled (and then unweaseled by manually derailing myself) :stuck_out_tongue:
See if you can also spot where I weaseled again but haven’t manually derailed to unweasel yet…

Here’s a screenshot of an unquantized x-axis.

vs beeminder’s

TODO:

• fix x axis on unquantized graphs. Right now if you add 5 datapoints to a day, they’re equally spaced. That’s wrong!
  • add more cool graphs, eg histograms (I have to search for some algorithm to make sensible histograms first…)
  • make the “design” less terrible
  • switch to oauth
  • configure a reverse proxy to avoid the port number in the address

ping @bwiderski, in case you still need the tool it’s moved here!

5 Likes

Thanks!

Ooh, thank you for building things! Not working for me though…

I was starting to type something along the lines of “works for me, I don’t see errors in the logs”, and then I realized the button doesn’t submit the form and I was submitting by hitting enter… facepalm.

Anothe facepalm is the text below “Please login”. That was just meant as a guideline while I filled in the functionality… and I left it in.

Should work now. Sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: “Work” is relative. The x axis in the unquantized graphs isn’t correct right now. I’ll try to fix some stuff including this tomorrow.

1 Like

Love this! Thanks for building it!

1 Like