Beeminding Blood Glucose

Great point, @kenoubi and past-dreev! (And as a diabetic you’d want to be especially careful that beeminding blood glucose didn’t ever induce you to do something medically contraindicated.)

I’ve gradually gotten more pro-beeminding-scale-weight since 2013, though there are a lot of important caveats that I’m being exhorted to consider when recommending that, which I mostly don’t. So I generally still agree: better to beemind things you have direct, unambiguous control over.

Lowering the bar a bit, setting beemindability aside, what’s even actionable for non-diabetics in knowing their real-time blood glucose?

Ie, how can I use this data to be healthier? Minimize the variance by eating smaller portions more frequently and/or by avoiding things with high glycemic index? And how much does that really matter for non-diabetics? And how does nutrition even work?

If yes to keeping my blood sugar as steady as possible, is literal variance (mean of the squared deviations from the mean) the best metric or do the peaks/troughs matter more?