Beeminding number of emails sent

Hi all,
While trying to configure beeminder for gmail, I noticed that the purpose of it is to simply make sure you get through your emails, and tracks the number of unread emails.

I want to be able to track the number of emails that I send, so that I will reply to these emails and send important emails which I have a backlog that I need to get through.

Any ideas on how to do this would be much appreciated

5 Likes

I have a similar goal for “handling my important emails”—an autodata goals helps ensure my inbox stays clean, and my other goal (email-control) makes sure I actually handle the stuff that needs actions taken. The best approach I’ve found is to just… do it manually. The goal is a do-more; each email I handle gets a +1. Whenever I add a datapoint I make the comment the number of remaining emails. When I calendial, if the number in the comments is going up, I increase the required handling rate; if it’s going down, I decrease it. I don’t have a nice formula for that or anything, just eyeball it. It’s perhaps not the most elegant system, but it’s sure been working better than nothing!

2 Likes

I think you can set the Gmail goal to track messages with the SENT label, and to count all the messages, not just unread ones.

This should get you close, I think! The goal is set to go down, however, and you probably want the number to go up.

I’m not sure what the best way to switch the goal direction would be. Maybe try it, and email support?

3 Likes