Dumb Phone + Beeminder

I have gone back and forth a lot on but I have thought of getting a dumb phone. However one of the many things I am worried about is still keeping track of my Beeminder goals. As I can text to add data but far as I am aware there is no way to get data about my goals via text.

Main reason I want a dumb phone is while beeminder/baas help with my screentime usage I feel like I am constantly distracted. As if I am not checking my phone I get this background anxiety that I am missing something. If I am I am doing it too much and not staying in the moment.

Any ideas of Beeminder goals that might accomplish the same thing if a dumb phone is not used?

4 Likes

If you’re willing to do a bit of programming, you could create a Twilio bridge to the Beeminder API for accessing data about your goals via SMS. It’s not a trivial thing to build, but it’s also not that complex.

4 Likes

I got something working where I could use a python script to schedule out sending a text message to phone at certain times. I feel this would resolve my issue thank you!

4 Likes