Beeminder Forum

Experience with a treadmill desk or a deskcycle?

Related :smile:

1 Like

This isn’t practical or anything, but pretty funny and I guess on topic? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I think I’m going to a simpler version of this using my wahoo kickr! Shut down internet via script when 1 hour average power goes below 40W as measured by the kickr :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes :smiley: Very on-topic and also already mentioned :wink:

How do script that? Does the kickr! expose an API?

2 Likes

Now I’m seriously thinking about precise calorie burned goals on beeminder using the power meters in good smart trainers. That’s so freaking cool. I need to hack this - as soon as I can go outside of isolation and get my bike which is not at my house right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

The kickr uses, as far as I can tell, some kind of standard using ant+. I think this is the case across smart trainers. See for example zwift, whch takes the data from any smart trainer supporting ant+ or bluetooth and uses it to put you on a virtual island racing with other people.

I should be able to get the data reatively easily: https://github.com/Tigge/openant/blob/master/examples/cadence_speed_heart.py

There are also other open source programs to track your stats as you train which I think have APIs you can use.

3 Likes

What have I started :see_no_evil: :smiley: Go for it!

2 Likes