Feature request: Quick add data with today's date as default

It’s pretty self-explanatory. I have ~15 goals and I hate it that I have to add today’s date each time I wanna add new data. IMO it would be much more convenient that today’s date is a default and that you have to add date only if you want to add data for yesterday etc.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you,
Nikola

2 Likes

Hi Nikola,

To enter data for today, there is a shortcut: you can just write

^ x

where x is your data point. For yesterday you can write ^^, for two days ago ^^^, and so on.

You can read more about it here: https://www.beeminder.com/faq#qcut

4 Likes

Thanks man but that still defeat the point. Typing ^ (I had to c/p that because I have no idea where to find that on my keyboard) instead of 14 doesn’t improve this situation. Do you get my point?

I mean, it’s not that big of a deal anyway. It’s just a bit annoying.

1 Like

The ^ is called a “caret”. On US keyboards at least, it can be found on top of the number 6, i.e. to make a caret you type Shift-6. On other keyboard layouts it may be different. Of course if it is not on your keyboard at all then that would certainly be annoying.

For me at least, typing ^ is a big improvement over 14, because I do not have to remember what the date is. But perhaps you feel that having to type anything at all is equally annoying.

3 Likes

Not endorsing this request, but see here for why this hasn’t been implemented.

2 Likes