Google Forms integration?

Hi folks!

I have a good number of goals that are based on entering a Google form. Right now, I have teh form email me and then IFTTT from email to add a datapoint. I think my average non-legit derail is due to this thing not working in time (I submit at 10:30 PM, and it doesn’t add the datapoint for a while.) Plus, I have to leave the email in my inbox, which is against some of my other goals…

I’ve been playing around with making Google add-ons for Docs and Sheets and Forms lately, and I could definitely make an integration for this. Does anyone else want this?

2 Likes

I would definitely.

That would be really cool! :slight_smile:

Would it only be “if [new form response] then [beeminder data point]” or is there a way to send data points conditional on the form responses?

IFTTT has a “new row on Google Sheets” trigger. Google Forms can write to a Google Sheets (i think)
Can’t this work out? E.g. Forms->Sheets->IFTTT->Beeminder?

It hasn’t been reliable for me in the past, but let me know if it works for you!

Adam

Which part has been unreliable? I have a google sheets I have been thinking of beeminding (eg one new row per day)

I don’t recall, unfortunately. I think it was that IFTTT wasn’t triggering reliably when the cells were added by Google Forms, but it was long enough ago that the issue may be fixed, or it may have been a temporary thing.

1 Like