Gratitude journaling together

1. Thoughtful, kind friends
  2. First time trying homemade scones (yum!)
  3. The bright yellow tree in the backyard
5 Likes
  1. FFXIV is down for maintenance today which gives my brain the nudge to spend some of my free time reading. :laughing:
  2. Accidentally reread 120 pages of The Goblin Emperor without noticing the passing of time or indeed anything but the book’s events. I love this book.
  3. Almost done with handling my Beeminder goals for the day already.
4 Likes

@aliceofbattenberg I love making scones! Did you go for plain or a flavor? My absolute favorite is strawberries & cream, but blueberry is a very close second.

1. SGQ: I actually went to the gym yesterday instead of just doing a half-assed small workout at home. Which, to be clear, is explicitly allowed to keep the goal from derailing, it’s a “bare minimum” goal, but I’m still proud of myself for hitting the “aspirational” target too.
  2. My dog is healing up from his wound very well.
  3. USPS exists and is good.
6 Likes
  • i’m grateful i survived through all the stressfulness of today.
  • i’m grateful for my flatmate.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’m going to bed now instead of continuing to couch around and do nothing.
4 Likes
  1. Rooftop friends
  2. Protected areas where fishes are friendly
  3. Chicken sandwiches
3 Likes
  1. I am thankful my car insurance covers car towing.

2. I am thankful my car died in parking lot instead of highway.

3. I am thankful for my loving wife.

4 Likes

@rperce Classic plain scones courtesy of the BBC! https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/classic-scones-jam-clotted-cream Although I had mine with butter (less classic) because I was feeling homesick for American biscuits and these were close enough.

1. My lab friend is such a wonderful human being and we also always make each other laugh; I’m lucky to have such a good a friend at work.
  2. Workout felt pretty good and I’m enjoying rowing more every time I practice it.
  3. Found some clarity in a tricky situation.
5 Likes
  1. Finished two books today so far.
  2. Lisa bought me daffodils again.
  3. I’ve become quite close with someone from my FFXIV FC and static, and he’s a sweetie.
4 Likes
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i’ll be in bed early. i’m tired. it’s good to be tired enough to let go of bedtime procrastination. (well, “good” is relative, i guess. it has its perks for sure.)
  • i’m grateful i left work early today. nobody was at the office anymore, i got a decent amount of things done, and i collected a surprising amount of overtime last month, so i didn’t want to collect any more today and just left.
  • i’m grateful for spending a nice evening with my flatmate. good food and a fun show—what more could one ask for!
4 Likes
  1. SGQ: I knocked out so many errands yesterday!
  2. A productive meeting with a team I was nervous about meeting about.
  3. My ratcheting screwdriver.
6 Likes
  1. Rereading The Witness for the Dead now and remembering how Addison’s work so often grabs me and won’t let go.
  2. A preordered book arrived, a new British Library Crime Classic.
  3. I woke up pretty naturally.
5 Likes
  1. Yorkshire Tea Bedtime Brew
  2. Babel by R.F. Kuang is great and it’s helping me get over my big hardback book fear.
  3. Tried a new kickboxing class at the gym and got over feeling goofy/uncoordinated and just had a good time.
6 Likes
  1. C’s visit to doctor was complete success
  2. worked out how to rename irritatingly mis-spelt home directory on C’s new Windows laptop
  3. the Linux machine I’m setting up for offspring 2.0 is going well - next up: upgraded CPU chip!
6 Likes
  1. SGQ: I gave good feedback to my manager about handling some types of requests from other teams better.
  2. My brother’s been reaching out about computer parts for advice for building computers for him and his partner and it’s been a lot of fun!
  3. I’m leaving work later than I hoped, but earlier than I feared. It’s a small grateful, but a valid grateful.
6 Likes
  • i’m grateful i didn’t fight with my mother today.
  • self-gratitude-quota: i’m grateful i managed to be on time today.
  • i’m grateful for another fun evening with my flatmate.
5 Likes
  1. Morning Euphoria!!! :sparkles::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  2. Bakery girl teaching me Spanish (I teach her french slang in return) :baguette_bread:
  3. Dance teacher coming to help me when I was visibly struggling. People being very kind with me even if I do super stupid mistakes :smiling_face_with_tear::dancer:
  4. SGQ: Trying to live more in the present moment :sun_with_face:
  5. Having something to show to my boss tomorrow when we call :telephone_receiver::chart_with_upwards_trend:
  6. Phones being able to take pictures, it’s so easy and fun :camera_flash:!
  7. I know a lot of people on the island, now :dancer:
  8. Office being open 24/24 so I can work even if I wake up at 3pm :sleeping::smiling_face_with_tear:
  9. Cute hats (I want one) :womans_hat:
6 Likes
  1. Scales and Sensibility by Stephanie Burgis.
  2. An abundance of Easter eggs.
  3. A lift home when I had a lot to carry.
6 Likes
  1. Experiments on the microscope went super well and I’m feeling motivated!
  2. Meditation sessions are starting to feel more focused and calming.
  3. Lindt Caramelised Hazelnut chocolate has so many yummy nibbly bits.
4 Likes
  1. Past!me did a bunch of quests for Fisher and Blacksmith in FFXIV already. A very silly gratitude, but it was an unexpected relief to discover, now that I’m trying to catch up, that I already had a good amount of progress on those two jobs.
  2. Really enjoying Blurb Your Enthusiasm (Louise Wilder). It has a crispness of prose that makes it addictive to read, over and above the interest in learning about those who write copy in the publishing industry.
  3. Lisa bought me Party Rings and Jammie Dodgers for silly holiday indulgence.
6 Likes
  1. One of the key people who was needed to do snagging on the house arrived today, and did a bunch of work
  2. Took the afternoon to build (most of) a new workbench for the garage
  3. C made some yummy cookies
5 Likes