How to get the harsh treatment Bethany talked about in the promo video

How does someone get the harsh treatment Bethany talked about in the promo video because I would like to make a real high commitment

Without rewatching the video, I can think of some ways to get ‘harsh treatment’ (all self-inflicted, of course, and at your request):

.1. tick the weaselproof box at the bottom of your goal’s commitment tab.

Weaselproof: “I’m a weaselling weasler, and you should ignore even the most dire of excuses unless I can produce an actual Doctor’s note, or a public announcement of my excuse.” For obvious reasons, this box cannot be unchecked!

.2. tick the no mercy box at the bottom of your goal’s commitment tab, which means that you’ll climb the pledge schedule more quickly.

No Mercy: Keep your feet to the fire when you derail. No week of flat spot [extra safety buffer] when you’re automatically recommitted.

.3. sign up to the beemium subscription plan, which lets you jump immediately to any pledge level.

If you know that $5 will not motivate you at all, you can jump straight up to an amount that you know you would be scared to lose (we call this your Motivation Point).

.4. ask the community here to help you monitor your commitment.

Examples: community policing forum threads

Did I miss the one you had in mind?

2 Likes