I just noticed that UVI link to https://blog.beeminder.com/integers/ that mentions new “precision” setting. Not sure is it also gated behind Bee Plus subscription level.
Now report below is mostly outdated.
Recent UVI is
Goals default to integery until you enter a datapoint that’s not a whole number
This is an excellent usability feature for new users, probably worth losing some Bee Plus payments.
But effects were a bit irritating to me:
- my goal was affected by nonintiger values (as it was something like 5/week)
- so I switched it to 7/week and added 0.431 datapoint to integerify it manually
- now, this UVI noticed 0.431 datapoint so it ended as nonintiger
- this UVI also removed option to integerify goal manually
- today I had something like +1.0001 required
- editing old 0.431 datapoint to 1 is not making it integerified, now I have +0.431
- adding 0.431 datapoint gets me back to +1 point tomorrow, but thanks to floating point magic +1.0001 will return sooner or later and I have no option to force integerification
- adding -1 to balance my meddling gives me nice +1 today, but sooner or later I will probably get floating point
In my case I am perfectly fine with recreating the goal, I am posting it mostly to help other potentially confused people with suddenly not integer goals.
And maybe editing/deleting datapoint should retrrigger “is it integerified goal” calculation? It seems that any noninteger value permanently taints the goal.
(also, I am additionally unlucky - I just selected this month to go through all my goals to integerify them)