I was looking at http://www.beeminder.com/money today (I think after answering a support question from someone relating to money) and thinking we could do so much better!
Here are what I think are the actually important things that people want to know about money and Beeminder:
- It’s always free to start a goal (Freebees need to make this be true).
- If you derail, it costs you money, and will continue to cost you, unless you explicitly quit the goal.
- If you screw up and forget to enter data or whatever, It’s okay! Just tell us!
- You can choose your own limit for how high the pledge can go.
- You can buy a subscription if you want to “just track”
- [Maybe?] The money doesn’t go to charity, it goes to us!
Regarding #6 we’d possibly want to put all our terribly human and likable faces here at the bottom of the page. Either that or make it be true that you can pick a charity for some of the money to go to, with a link to an FAQ item (or this blog post) about how we don’t believe in making the world a worse place by donating money to anti-charities.
(I’m posting this here because it’s easier than updating the money page at the moment since not all of my 6 points above are actually true yet.)