My 5 sleep goals

Very interesting , thanks for the write up! I assume that…

1. Then, I need to actually wind down at the designated time.
  2. Next, I need to actually turn off the lights and try to sleep at the designated time.

point to different designated times, right?

I guess I’m lucky that I can make a consistent schedule work, where I always have to go to sleep before 1 a.m. I stick to this during the week and am able to sleep in on the weekends without it bothering me or throwing off my rhythm.

My goals:

• Sleep before 1 a.m. (Deadline set to 1 a.m.)
  • Wake up before 9 a.m. (Deadline set to 9 a.m.)

I btw. use alarmy as my alarm clock[1], which has a feature where you can only end the alarm when taking a photo, which has to be very similar to a photo I’ve taken before. I have taken a photo of my radiator in my bathroom, so I have to wake up and actually stand up and move to the bathroom and take a picture there. By this point I’m awake enough to exercise some discipline and will not go back to sleep.

Right now I’m working on getting up half an hour earlier and will try to move my deadline for my goal a little bit closer to that soon.

1. Actually, I use 4 alarms every morning: two from the native iPhone application 10 minutes and one minute before 8:30 a.m., a sleep cycle alarm between 8:00 and 8:30 and the alarmy alarm at 8:29. ↩︎

3 Likes