Narthur's Beeminder Journal

Second time using the journal generation script. I really like it so far; it seems to make journaling with a lot of goals a lot more approachable.

One thing I really, really wish I could do is programmatically find goals that either were archived within the last week or are scheduled to be archived in the coming week, as I think such goals should be included in my journal updates. Sadly, I haven’t been able to figure this out. Please, if anyone knows how, let me know!

Update 2019-05-06

Summary

Key Value
Number of goals 42
New goals this week 1
Newest goal mueller (2019-05-04)
Oldest goal worktime (2018-06-05)
Highest pledge work-commitments ($2430.0)
Total pledges $2680.0
Derails this week 1
Systems upgrades this week 8

Random Goal: vivo-sleep

vivo-sleep is a tracking goal that captures how long I sleep each night via my VivoFit 3. It’s a backup and a dataset I keep thinking I’ll get around to graphing in some clever way that will let me spot how my sleep habits affect other areas of my life.

New Goals

• mueller: Created 2019-05-04. This is a little experiment with breaking books out into their own goals. I feel that I should read The Mueller Report, as it’s an important document which both sides of the political isle are strongly motivated to spin in their favor. It’s also very long and dense. This goal should get me through it regardless. (Also, if anyone’s interested, the audio version is free on Audible.)

Derails

• dirty-plates: 2019-05-06. On Sunday I went with my wife to the graduation of two of her cousins. I didn’t have Internet for the day, and ate a very hasty breakfast without thinking about leaving anything on my plate. By the time we got back home, I had derailed. I also derailed on my buffer goal at the same time. I’ve archived the buffer goal as it’s been pretty tricky to get working right. May try again at some point…

A skeleton of this summary was generated using a Python script and then carefully filled-in by hand.