Phase 2 Replace Activities

So I feel overall I have overcome my screen time issues. Next phase is to put that extra time to use for productivity things. As sometimes if I am unable to spend time with family or something I tend to do nothing. To be clear it is sometimes good to take a break. But I feel it happens to often. So I want to replace some of that empty time with productivity or learning. Below are some of the things I would like to do:

1. Improve my writing. To be clear I am not wanting to become a writer. But I would just like to generally improve that skill. So I plan on learning more grammar rules and working on spelling for when writing on paper.

2. I would like to read more. I feel like I dont read enough. Though my focus issues can make this issue hard sometimes.

3. Work on more hobby projects.

This will be phase 2 of my original thing below.

4 Likes

I’m curious what you do — literally nothing? Or napping? Or something that doesn’t involve screens but feels unproductive?

2 Likes

Usually walking around listening to music.

3 Likes

One trick that helped me do more with my rare non-busy time was to frequently think “is this really what I want to spend my time on?”, reflecting on the idea that time is spending itself anyway, so I might as well put it to use.

3 Likes