@mary and I have been talking about a series of blog posts where 2 or more people give their different perspectives on their philosophy of beeminding.
- “Beemind all the things!” vs “Focus on 3-4 goals at a time”
- “Beemind things open-endedly” vs “Have target end dates in mind from the start”
- “Fine print is for weasels” vs “Fine print prevents weaseling” (related to Bee-Nicers vs Tooth-and-Nailers: What's Your Beeminder Archetype?)
- “Scale weight is an action” vs “Scale weight is obviously an outcome what’s wrong with you?” (See, for example, my wacky weight-loss wonkery)
- Edge-skaters vs Buffer-maintainers
- Team Black vs Team Yellow
- “Paying is not punishment” vs “The entire point of commitment devices and loss aversion and all the behavioral econ Beeminder’s built on is that paying is punishment”
Anyway, we first need a better name for this. Some kind of pun on “butting heads”?