Pomodoros with Eggscellent + Google Calendar + IFTTT

(I understand IFTTT integration is not officially launched yet, i hope it’s OK blogging about it already)

Here’s a recipe for beeminding pomodoros if you use Eggscellent, through Google Calendar and IFTTT
Can also be used for any other event.

3 Likes

Wow, great post! Thank you! The only downside to blogging it before our official launch is that readers will get basically 404’d if they try to follow the link to the recipe unless they first join our beta via ifthisMINDthat.com.

See also the huge forum thread about the upcoming IFTTT channel launch:

1 Like

Well, i have ifthisMINDthat.com as one of the steps to follow though

1 Like

Two updates on this (will be writing it in a blog post more thoroughly - I hope)

1. Instead of IFTTT, you can use Zapier which additionally allows you to filter new events of a google calendar. This way you can have a Beeminder goal of “Pomodoros for X project”
  2. Another pomodoro app that can integrate with Google Calendar is Pomotodo (https://pomotodo.com - Web/iOS/OSX/Android/Windows/Chrome!)
2 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to check out Pomotodo. I like that it works across so many platforms. I wish there were more info on the intro pages of it. I have a pomodoro app I love on my Mac, but it’s not cross platform and I spend most of my days on iOS.

2 Likes

A bit more information can be found on their help pages http://help.pomotodo.com
It’s a well thought application, it can act as a to-do list with support for hashtags and priorities and also a pomodoro with cloud syncing, history of closed tasks and pomodoros, even some stats on what you’re working on. The google calendar integration is part of their “Pro” plan which comes with a friendly “pay what you think is right” price

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m definitely going to have a good look at this.

1 Like

Hmm… Pomotodo doesn’t add anything to one of your calendars, but gives you a calendar to which you can subscribe. That makes it a little less useful, cause it’s not accessible to IFTTT (which means it can’t easily be connected to Beeminder from any way I can think up at the moment).

2 Likes

Yes, i faced the same problem. I ended up using a php script to convert pomotodo’s webcal to an rss. Then I connected the rss to beeminder through zapier. I can give more info if interested.

1 Like

I really like this app. There are a few things I would change but, overall,
it’s really useful so far.

2 Likes

Did you make it work with Beeminder?

1 Like

I’m just entering them manually right now.

1 Like

@apolyton

Do you still use Pomotodo? It’s still seemingly not possible to use their google cal subscription + IFTTT to efficiently add beeminders. Is there another possible solution you’d recommend?

I now use https://pomodoneapp.com/ for pomodoros. It integrates with Beeminder through Zapier.

ah, that’s too bad!

Bad, how?

Because I directed @henrye to the forum hoping someone would have figured out how to get Pomotodo working. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, I just meant that it was unfortunate!

1 Like